Jozi Rhythmic Gymnastics strive to help each gymnast reach her full potential and become the best gymnast she can be!
Classes are taught by experienced coaches whose main concern is the safety and enjoyment of each child and optimising the learning opportunity of each lesson
JOZI RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS FOUNDER
BA (HONS)Biokinetics , cum laude
Retired Protea Rhythmic gymnast and National Senior Champion
National High Performance Rhythmic Manager and member of the National Rhythmic gymnastics Technical Comitee
Gauteng Rhythmic Gymnastics Discipline Convenor
FIG Level 1 Coach / Level 2 judge / Level 2 First Aid
Internationally acclaimed ballerina and retired National Rhythmic Gymnast.
2014 Moscow Grand Prix – Youth Olympic Games Qualifiers, All African Championships: Team Silver medal, individual overall 4th place and Silver medal for apparatus. Awarded Protea Colors for Rhythmic Gymnastics. Level 2 Rhythmic Gymnastics judge
Cicchetti Adv 2 winner, RAD Adv 2, AIDT Solo Performers, Irish Dancing World Championship qualifier 2016.
2019: FIG Rhythmic Gymnastics Level 1 Qualification
2020: Level 2 First Aider Skills Programme
WHAT IS RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS
Rhythmic gymnastics provides a controlled, professional environment that teaches children to enjoy exercise, improve poor muscle tone, get rid of excess energy and aids in the development of strong and healthy minds and bodies.
Making exercise a positive experience is one of the best investments you as a parent can make. Give your daughter the chance to get a step ahead in life, by developing and exploring their huge potential through rhythmic gymnastics!
Rhythmic Gymnastics aims to develop all areas of gross motor development including the following:
- Improving a child’s posture and muscle control and muscle tone
- Body awareness and spatial skills
- Establishing dominance and laterality
- Promotes social interaction
- Improves bilateral integration through midline crossing activities
- Improves balance
- Increases integrated muscle coordination (Hand –hand, Eye-foot, Foot-foot, Eye-hand –foot)
- Improves a child’s understanding of speed, distance and space
- Increases attention span
- Teaches the child to listen and follow instruction
- Relieves excess energy through play and results in a more favourable attitude towards learning
- Builds Self confidence as well a self concentration